This post is about using Mig33 and Mxit through your PC. Also it will guide you to run some other J2ME applications on pc using J2ME emulator.
Here are the steps to use Mig33 on your PC.
1. You need the Java Runtime. Get it from here
2. Because these applications are specifically coded for J2ME platform so you
need J2ME emulator for your pc. You can download mpowerplayer J2ME emulator here. Download the latest stable release of the mpowerplayer SDK and unpack the contents of the zip file.
3. Now you need Mig33 jar file to run in the player. You can get Mig33 jar file from here .Click this link and save the mig33.jar somewhere in your pc.
4. From the unzipped mpowerplayer package. Open the file player.jar to start the mpowerplayer player.
Then click File>>Open and load the mig33.jar file.
Done. Enjoy !!
Using Mxit on PC:
You can also use mpowerplayer to run mxit on pc. The details can be found at ITweek blog
Mxit is a jabber based chat client so another way to chat with your mxit contacts through pc is by using your jabber account.
- Download a free jabber client.
- Install the client and start it up.
- Using your Jabber client, try to log in with your preferred username on one of the many free Jabber servers (see list) or just use your Gmail account.
- Log in using your jabber account.
- Then add your mxit contacts as email@example.com to chat with them .
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!Related Posts: