There is a new articlethe article posted on Nokia Forum titled Overview of AJAX Support in the Nokia Web Browser which offers an outline of AJAX issues on the Nokia Web Browser. The article is useful for Web Developers who would like to know how to prepare their websites so they can also be seen on mobile devices.
The current edition of Nokia S60 3rd Edition Open-source Browser enables smartphone users to browse full Web pages on a smartphone screen with features such as:
* Preservation of the original page layout, presented just as the Web site designer intended;
* Easy navigation of Web pages through page miniatures, reducing the amount of scrolling;
* Pop-up blocking, enhanced start page, and simplified menus;
* Visual History, an easy-to-use back function, showing miniature views of previous pages;
* Text Search, which works as you type, taking you directly to the interesting part of the page;
* Dynamic HTML, supporting dynamic menus, rollovers, and scripted behavior such as AJAX applications;
* Extensive support of industry standards including W3C’s HTML, XHTML 1.0, DOM, CSS and SVG-Tiny; other Web standards such as SSL and ECMAScript; and Netscape style plug-ins such as Flash Lite and audio.
The browser is still not complete, you can download the trial from here.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!Related Posts: