Few months back i blogged about Instant Upgrade wordpress plugin to automatically upgrade your wordpress blog. Recently techie-buzz website released another automatic upgrade wordpress plugin.
The latest plugin named WPAU (Wordpress Automatic Upgrade Plugin) appear to be much safer than other similar plugins because it goes through all the 5 steps provided in the wordpress upgrade instructions to upgrade your wordpress installation.
The plugin does the following:
1. Backs up the files and makes available a link to download it.
2. Backs up the database and makes available a link to download it.
3. Downloads the latest files from http://wordpress.org/latest.zip and unzips it.
4. Puts the site in maintenance mode.
5. De-activates all active plugins and remembers it.
6. Upgrades wordpress files.
7. Gives you a link that will open in a new window to upgrade installation.
8. Re-activates the plugins.
The WPAU plugin can also can be run in a automated mode where in you do not have to click on any links to go to the next step. You can download the plugin from here.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!Related Posts: